The purpose of the University Credit Union scholarship program is to educate our members about credit unions and to assist our members in their financial dreams of obtaining a college education.
- Student must be a University Credit Union member for at least six months in good standing. Anyone joint on an account is not considered a member. Not a currently a member? Contact us today to join so that you are eligible next year!
- Full-time undergraduate student who currently attends an accredited college or university. University seniors must be accepted in graduate school.
- Full-time student who has been accepted and scheduled to attend a university or college.
- Graduate student who currently attends an accredited college or university.
- Current GPA 3.0 or higher (based on last grading period)
- Previous UCU scholarship recipients ineligible for 18 months after last scholarship awarded.
- UCU employees, volunteers, and their immediate family or household members are ineligible.
- Submission packets containing all the requirements must be delivered to University Credit Union by February 28, 2019.
- Winners will be announced at the Annual Meeting at 11:30 a.m. at the UCLA Faculty Center on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 and will be asked to attend to receive their scholarship.
- The application includes:
- Education experience
- Work experience
- Community service involvement and/or volunteer work
- Activities & Awards
- Educational & Career Goals
- An original essay of no more than 1,000 words or a video on the topic, “Describe what are new tagline “Bank with your brain” means to you and how financial literacy will give you an edge in life.
- Release for verification and promotion.
- Submit letter of acceptance if not currently attending college or university.
- Submit a copy of most recent transcript.
- You’re done! Good brain work!