- What is Mobile Check Deposit?
- How do I sign up for Mobile Check Deposit?
- Is there a fee to use Mobile Deposit?
- Are there eligibility requirements to use the Mobile Check Deposit service?
- Is there a deposit limit for Mobile Check Deposit?
- How many checks can I deposit at a time?
- Can I deposit any check with Mobile Check Deposit?
- Are there any helpful hints to make using Mobile Check Deposit easier?
- When will the funds from the deposit post to my account?
- How long will deposits be held for review before they are posted?
- What conditions cause a deposit to be submitted for review?
- How can I cancel a mobile check deposit?
Mobile Check Deposit is a convenient feature of the University Credit Union Mobile Banking App that makes it simple to quickly and securely deposit checks using your Apple® or Android™ device that has a camera. You just take a photo of the front and back of your check and follow the on-screen instructions. With University Credit Union’s Mobile Check Deposit service, you can electronically deposit checks from anywhere.
To sign up for Mobile Check Deposit, select the “Mobile Check Deposit” option on the mobile app, and then read and approve the user agreement. Once you have agreed, you can start using the deposit feature on the app.
No, Mobile Check Deposit is a free service provided to University Credit Union members. However, if a check is returned for any reason, fees/charges apply. Please refer to our Schedule of Fees and Charges .
Yes. In order to use Mobile Check Deposit, you must meet the following requirements:
- You currently have a UCU checking and/or savings account
- You are enrolled in Online and Mobile Banking
- You are enrolled in Mobile Check Deposit
- You are a member in good standing
Yes, the deposit limit is $5,000.00 per day.
Only one check at a time can be accepted; however, you may deposit multiple checks during a single session up to a total of $5,000.00 per day.
You should use Mobile Check Deposit for domestic checks not drawn on your University Credit Union account. Checks may be rejected if they are incomplete, “stale-dated” or “post-dated,” made payable to a third party, or stamped with a “non-negotiable” watermark. Be sure your checks have no evidence of alteration or contain restrictive endorsement.
Here are some tips to ensure your deposit is successful:
- Make sure the check amount entered matches the amount written
- Verify that the back of your check is signed (endorsed)
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos
- Make sure all four corners of the check are within the camera image
- Capture the photos in a well-lit area on a solid dark background
- Keep the phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photo
- Make sure the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your mobile deposit
- Clean the phone camera lens, if smudged
- Make sure the writing on the memo and signature lines do not overlap on the MICR line (the number line located on the bottom of the check)
- Verify the handwriting on the check is legible
- Verify the check is made payable to the account holder
An on-screen notification will be provided, if your deposit was successful. Funds may not be available for immediate withdrawal. Any hold information will be available in your transaction history. If further review of the check is needed, your deposit will show in “Held for Review.”
All deposits are reviewed Monday-Friday, with the exception of holidays. All deposits under review will be evaluated by the end of the next business day.
There is no single reason that a deposit will be submitted for review. Conditions may include: fields or characters on a check image that are difficult to read, a deposit that is outside your normal and historical pattern, a missing or illegible endorsement, or a check image that is a suspected duplicate of a previously deposited check.
Once a mobile check deposit is successfully submitted it cannot be cancelled.