Get Cash Fast
Borrow emergency cash and
avoid payday loans
Flexible & convenient
with no hidden fees
No Hassle Credit
Easy application with
The cash you need... when emergencies happen.
As a University of California Employee life happens and you don't always have the necessary funds.
- Handle serious medical bills
- Pay for surprise car repairs
- Rebuild your home if damage occurs
- Floods ruin your household items
- Any other type of emergency
How it works:
2. Pick Amount & Term
You can select your amount up to $5,000 and your term up to 36 months with a low interest rate.
3. Get Cash
Your funds are transferred to a UCU checking account as soon as the next business day.
All University of California Employees are eligible:
- Any academic or staff employee who holds an appointment to work 50% or more is eligible.
- Any student employee who is eligible for other loan programs is not eligible for loans from this fund source.
- Must have continuous employment by the UC System for a minimum of one year.
*Interest Rate Discount
*Just set up direct deposit
and auto pay with a University Credit Union checking account and you will receive a discounted rate of 1.50% and your payments will come out automatically on your payment date.
* Fixed rate loan based on current prime rate plus 1.50%, and a $25 loan processing fee. Payment example: $5,000 at 4.33% APR for 36 months = $148.38. Interest Rate Discount includes 0.50% rate discount from the published rate for automatic payment from a UCU checking account with net check direct deposit. If automatic payment is not used .50% will be added to the loan rate. An additional 1.00% will be discounted from the published rate when net pay checks are directly deposited to a UCU checking account. Employees may have only one emergency loan at a time. Must meet membership qualifications and deposit $5 into a share account. Must have a valid social security number or government issued Tax Identification Number. Verification of employment and monthly pay may be required. Rates subject to change. UCU reserves the right to discontinue this program at any time. California residents only.
© 2017 University Credit Union