We're guided by our long history. And strong values.
University Credit Union (UCU) is a purpose-driven financial cooperative dedicated to giving everyone in the University Community a financial advantage. UCU traces its roots back to 1951, when the credit union was founded on UCLA’s campus in Royce Hall by University employees. Our story has spread exponentially to Loyola Marymount University, Mount Saint Mary’s University, Pepperdine University, Saint Mary's College, Santa Clara University, UC Irvine, UC Davis, Chabot College and Las Positas College, the West Coast Conference, and The Big West. UCU’s focus over the last few years has been on diversifying and building a foundation for future growth. By partnering with the University Community and maximizing our value proposition for member-owners like you, we will continue to thrive well beyond the near future.
Whether you are in the market to buy a car, open a credit card, consolidate your debt, or buy a new home, we save you time and money with our low rates. Our team offers unbiased advice and works in your best interest; which has helped us recapture loans from other financial institutions giving you significant savings. By educating you to make sensible financial choices, you'll have the confidence to create wealth for your future.
- Giving everyone in the University Community a financial advantage.
Core Values - aka C.H.A.M.P.I.O.N.S.
- University Credit Union works hard to maintain a safe and strong financial institution for all members.
- UCU does not invest in risky loans or other non-consumer friendly ventures.
- UCU invests primarily in you and your fellow member owners, in the form of prudent loans which are repaid on a timely basis.
- One added measure UCU offers is an abundance of share insurance. We want our members to have peace of mind that their deposits will be safe through any kind of economic climate.
- Our large insurance coverage also allows members to deposit larger sums of money at the credit union, knowing that they will be covered to the insured limit.
- Your regular share deposits are insured up to $250,000 and IRAs are insured separately to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
The University Credit Union's Board of Directors, Supervisory Committee, and Advisory Council members are comprised of UCU members. They work on a volunteer basis to monitor the operations, mission, goals and vision of our members.
Board of Directors
Norma Iadevaia, Chair
Elizabeth Yzquierdo, Vice Chair
Keith Young , Secretary/Treasurer
- Ray Dennis, Chair
- Keith Young, Board Liaison
- Margie Lines
- Gloria Nevarez
- Srinivas Njay
- Jacob Sproul
There's a lot more to University Credit Union than we could possible fit on one web page. If you want to know more, just drop into any of our convenient branches or give us a call.