Throughout these unprecedented times, I would like to ensure you that UCU is committed to serving our members’ needs and best interests. For nearly 70 years, UCU has been committed to the principle of people helping people. We are steadfast in our promise to continue our service now and for generations to come. In support of our promise, we pledge to our members, that we will help ease the financial stress brought on by COVID-19. We are making this pledge so that you can focus on your family, health and other important responsibilities during this challenging time.
Initiatives to Assist our Members
Effective March 25, 2020, UCU developed the following initiatives to help members impacted by COVID-19 for the next 90 days:
- All loan late fees will be $0
- Forbearance on all real estate loans for up to 90 days (with appropriate documentation)
- Waive all ATM fees on University Checking Accounts* (currently limited to $25 per month)
- Remove the 6 transactions per month limit on savings and money market accounts
- Suspend overdraft fees for accounts overdrawn by $30 or less.
- Lowered new consumer secured loan rates by 0.50%
- For your convenience, we raised daily limits on our mobile check deposit amount from $5,000 to $10,000 (hold limits still apply)
- Waive early withdrawal penalty on CDs for affected members
- Increased personal lines of credit and credit card limits for qualified members
Branch Hour Changes
As we have taken steps to follow government guidelines for the safety and care of our team and members, we would like to remind you that our main branch is by appointment only. Please call 424.320.4710 to make an appointment for any critical transactions that require in-person assistance. For all other inquiries and general questions, please call 800.UCU.4510.
Online and Mobile Banking
I encourage you to perform your banking transactions from the comfort of your own home. We have several options available for you, which include mobile and online banking. Our UCU team members are also available to assist via UCU Live!, our video banking service, accessible through mobile banking.
Your Accounts are Covered
Rest assured, we are a financially sound credit union that has served our members for nearly 70 years. Just as a reminder that your deposits will continue to be insured by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA).
UCU Team Members
UCU has adopted all of these measures to assist our members through this unprecedented time. We also remain loyal to our team members. We take the health and care of our team members with the utmost priority, as they are the foundation of UCU. That being said, we are fully committed to providing pay and benefits without disruption.
We are committed to you, our member-owners, at all times, especially under challenging circumstances. We are here to provide as much relief to you and your family as possible. I want to personally thank you for your continued membership and entrusting UCU as your financial partner. Together we will rise to meet today’s challenges and will get through this together stronger than ever.
David L. Tuyo II, DBA