University Credit Union Mastercards are enhanced with the latest level of protection – chip technology. Chip cards have a microchip embedded in the card to provide additional security features and the ability to be used at chip-enabled terminals – locally or around the world.
Your UCU Mastercard has both chip and magnetic stripe technology. That means, regardless of what type of terminal a merchant has, you’ll be able to use your card anywhere Mastercard is accepted.
Shop with confidence knowing that the chip in your card can help protect you from fraud. Read more about your Chip Mastercard.
Credit Card Security Tips
1. Don’t give your account number to anyone on the phone unless you've called a reputable company. If you’ve never done business with them before, do an online search first for reviews or complaints.
2. Carry your cards separately from your wallet or purse to minimize your losses if someone steals it. Carry only the card or cards you need for each outing.
3. During a transaction, keep your eye on your card. Make sure you get it back before you walk away.
4. Never sign a blank receipt. Draw a line through any blank spaces above the total. Save receipts to compare with your statement.
5. Open your bills promptly – or check them online often – and reconcile them with the purchases you’ve made. Report any questionable charges to the card issuer.
6. Notify your card issuer if your address changes or if you'll be traveling.
7. Don’t write your account number on the outside of an envelope and don't keep your account number in your wallet or purse.
Upgrade your existing UCU Mastercard
If you have an older UCU Mastercard and want to upgrade to the new chip-enabled card, please visit a branch or call a Financial Services Specialist at (800) UCU-4510.